Shanghai, 2016. Four Chinese college graduates are brought together through an art
project: Xi Roulan, an artist who invites strangers to her home. Qian Kecheng, a freelance
illustrator who thrives on the freedom the megacity has to offer. Jiang Bo, a graphic
designer, looking for steady employment. Cheng Minxian, a young woman working at
one of the city’s most renown event agencies, while living with her parents.
While eager for life experience they yearn to lift their careers off the ground.
Unified by their passion for life and self-determination, they long for an escape from
As an art project, Una Xi invites strangers to her home to take polaroid photographs of them. Her focus lies on the individuality of each body and the perception of it. What makes it special? Birthmarks? Scars? Is it attractive? Repulsive? What happens to us when we reveal it to a complete stranger? Which memories and experiences are melded to particular body parts? Practically everyone has looked at their reflection and asked themselves these questions. The film portrays the lives of four young adults, coming to term with themselves and life in the vast metropolis, with Una Xi’s art project as the premise.
The four protagonists allowed us to have intimate insight into their lives. Their search for individuality and the need to be perceived by the world touched me deeply and is a topic which stretches across generations, cultures and continents.
Geplante Kinovorführungen (planned screenings)
28. Juli 2017, Open Air Kino, Schüür Luzern
28. September 2017, Dok um sechs, Kino Xenix Zürich
ab 29. September 2017, Kino Stüssihof Zürich
im 2018 im Royal Baden und Filmpodium Biel
Vergangene Vorführungen (screenings until today
25. April, 19h, Première im Grande Salle Colombière, Visions du Réel Nyon (Weltpremière)
1. Mai, 18h, Stattkino Luzern (mit Filmdiskussion)
7. Mai, 13.30h, Stattkino Luzern, 21. Mai 2017, 14.00 Uhr, stattkino Luzern
8. Mai, 20.30h, Kino Rex Bern (mit Filmdiskussion)
9. Mai, 19.30h, Universität Basel
14. Mai, 20.15h, Kino Rex Bern
20. Mai 2017, 12.00 Uhr, Kino Rex Bern
22. Mai 2017, 16 Uhr, Kino Rex Bern