“Brasileiras” is a short 2D animation that highlights the diversity and cultural roles of Brazilian women. By choreographing their daily activities as elegant new forms, it represents what makes women powerful and strong.
From the earliest times, society have depreciated women and even pictured them as an inferior being. Brazil itself sells a hyper-sexualized Carnival to tourists, treating women’s bodies as a national attraction. Therefore, it becomes evident and necessary to show a different point of view.
Brasileiras is a short 2D animation that highlights the diversity and cultural roles of Brazilian women. Its meant to break down stereotypes by choreographing daily activities as new forms. The dance represents and explores, in an elegant and delicate way, what makes women powerful and strong.
- Student project: yes
- Completion date: May 2015
- First-time filmmaker: yes
- Aspect ratio: 1920x1080
- Director: Anna Carolina Moraes
- Animator: Anna Carolina Moraes
- Choreographer: Italo Amaral
- Music: Caio Nazaro
- Dancers: Daianny Cristian & Kristina Dobosz
- Film Team: Fillipe Lezo & André Feldberg