- Narrative Feature
- Documentary Feature
- Action Sports
- Art, Architecture & Design
- Family Film
- Short Film
- Best Feature Film
- Best Actress
- Best Actor
- Best Cinematography
- Best Director
- Best Screenwriter
- Best Documentary
- Best Documentary - Honorable Mention
- Best Narrative –-Short Film
- Best Narrative - Short Film Honorable Mention
- Best Documentary - Short Film
- Best Documentary - Short Film Honorable Mention
- Best Animated - Short Film
- Best Animated - Short Film Honorable Mention
Outstanding Achievement in Filmmaking:
- Feature Film
- Ensemble Cast
- Foreign Film
- Short Film
- Foreign Short Film
- Documentary Short Film
- Animated Short Film
- Breakout Performance
- Music Video
Please submit the following for each submission:
1) Link/password to your film for reviewing (we do NOT view films on Film Freeway)
2) Screenshot (NO WRITING) from you film — Minimum 6x4" @ 300 dpi
3) Synopsis of your film
4) Valid email and phone number for us to use to contact you. YOU MUST CONTACT US DIRECTLY IF THIS CHANGES! PLEASE BE AWARE ALL CONTACT IS DONE VIA THE EMAIL SUBMITTED. We are NOT notified if you change your email on Film Freeway.
***ACCEPTED FILMS MUST BE AVAILABLE IN DCP FORMAT FOR EXHIBITION:
- Digital Cinema Package (DCP)
- (Music Video and Youth are the ONLY exceptions)
Entries received late or incomplete may be disqualified. Submissions CANNOT be available online or commercially prior to the end of the festival (music videos are the exception).
We WILL email you directly upon receiving and processing your submission, if you have not been emailed your submission was not received.
Entrants are responsible for obtaining any necessary licenses, royalties, release forms, clearances, and permits necessary to present their work. The Newport Beach Film Festival is not responsible for any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, or royalty infringement related to the work. Every precaution will be taken to safeguard all materials sent to the festival; however NBFF is not responsible for damage to submitted materials incurred by shipping to or from the festival.
Submitted films must be available for exhibition as:
Digital Cinema Package (DCP) – (Does not apply to Music Video and Youth categories)
Films submitted must be available in English or in the original language with English subtitles. Accepted films must be available in the designated exhibition format, Digital Cinema Package if not Music or Youth categories.
Films must not screen in the U.S. in theaters, air on U.S. television, or be available to U.S. consumers in stores or via the internet before Octoberl 28, 2022.
The number(s), date(s), time(s), and locations of the screenings of films are subject to the discretion of the Newport Beach Film Festival.
The exhibition copy supplier will be responsible for the cost of the shipment to the Newport Beach Film Festival. The Newport Beach Film Festival will return the print postage prepaid to the supplier or to the next destination as indicated by the supplier (Features only). Entry materials and/or Short films will not be returned and are requested that we are sent digital versions only.
The Newport Beach Film Festival takes the utmost care in the handling of your entry. The Newport Beach Film Festival does not pay additional charges for originals, masters, or special prints.
Notifications will be emailed. All correspondence will be done through email, only through the original submitter. Please insure that you have provided us with your correct/valid email and a valid phone number.