January 20, 2017
May 20, 2017
July 20, 2017
October 20, 2017
December 31, 2017
January 02, 2018
January 16, 2018 to January 17, 2018
GUFF showcases both emerging and established artists’ works.
GUFF presents local and international works selected from over 1500 submissions representing 35 countries.
GUFF actively seeks inclusive films that reflect or feature people of color, female, and/or experimental subjects and themes.
Our experimental thread champions films created with conscious, referential use of the medium, rejection of traditional narrative arcs, and opposition to mass media or conventional story-telling practices.
Awards & Prizes:
Best of Fest Award
Best Feature Film Award
Best Documentary Film Award
Best Short Film Award
Best Screenplay Award
Audience Choice Award
Best Student Film
Rules & Terms:
- Selected films MUST provide a Digital Cinema Package (DCP) in order to be screened at the Film Festival, as well as a back-up Blu-ray. The film title MUST be clearly labeled on the DCP and Blu-ray
- Short Docs must be under 80 minutes and Features should be at least 80 mins or more.
- All foreign Submissions must be subtitled.
- One film can be entered in multiple categories. Films entered in multiple categories may win multiple awards.
- Online screeners, and posters are mandatory.
- The festival does not make your film available online.
- There is no Premiere policy for short films and music videos, they may have screened at other Festivals and/or online.
Please only send us the materials if you are requested to.
Please clearly label whether your film is PAL or NTSC. Our facilities do NOT support tape, 35mm, Super 16mm, 8mm or double-head formats.
A selected DCP must be received at Film Festival no later than 30 days prior to its scheduled screening date.
Our partner cinema uses pin sharp Sony 4K Digital Cinema projection, making DCP screenings look incredible.