1st PALM SPRINGS MULTIPLEX FILM FESTIVAL
Palm Springs, California 92262, United States
The Palm Springs Multiplex Film Festival is one of the premier presenters of world cinema on the North American continent. Located in the beautiful Coachella Valley at the base of Mt. San Jacinto in southern California, the Palm Springs International Film Festival is one of the largest film festivals in the country, screening over 130 films from more than 70 countries for a sophisticated and diverse audience of 136,000+.
The Festival brings together industry reps and executives from Los Angeles, film aficionados from across the country and filmmakers from around the world. The festival also features filmmaker tributes, special presentations, nightly celebrations and special events and an annual star-studded Awards Gala that honors the best and brightest performances of the past year.
The Festival screens the largest selection of films submitted to the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences in the Best Foreign Language film category. Palm Springs is destination Festival as nearly 70% of the audience travels here from out of town. As a result, it has a long reach, generating tremendous word-of-mouth for the films that screen here.
Best Student Short
Best Sports Short
Best Web Series
Best Supporting Actor
Best Supporting Actress
Best Special FX
Birectors Choice Award
Best Comedy Short
Best Documentary Short
Best Dramatic Short
- The film must not have been screened previously in the Coachella Valley (includes Palm Springs. Exceptions are made on a case by case basis for Academy Awards Foreign Language Oscar submissions)
- More than one entry may be submitted. Each entry must include a separate entry form and submission fee. Films submitted without proper payment will not be considered. Entry fees are non-refundable.
- Films accepted for the festival must be feature length (70 minutes or over) and must be shown in DCP format only in their original language with English subtitles.
- The number(s), date(s), time(s), and location(s) of the screenings of films are at the discretion of the Festival.
- The print supplier will be responsible for the cost of shipment to the Festival. The Palm Springs Multiplex Film Festival, in turn, will return the print postage prepaid to the supplier or to the next destination as indicated by the supplier. The Festival will not be responsible for international return shipping costs for U.S.-produced films.
- Participation in The Palm Springs Multiplex Film Festival implies understanding and acceptance of all terms included in this application.
- The information contained in my online application is correct to the best of my knowledge. I give the Palm Springs Film Festival the authority to use the submitted publicity materials for the purpose of promoting the film and the Festival. I understand that I am duly authorized to give permission to allow the Palm Springs Multiplex Film Festival to screen this film.
- I am the US Rights Holder of the film OR I am authorized by the US Rights Holder of the film to submit the film and will include written verification from the Rights Holder with the submission copy.
- If selected, films must be available for projection in DCP.
- All non-English language films must have English language subtitles.
- If the film has been viewed on the internet or national broadcast, cable or satellite television, or has had a public screening in the Palm Springs area prior to the Festival screening. (press screening and/or cast/crew screening is not considered a public screening); then it is only eligible for the Online Film Festival category.
- Online Screener must be uploaded no later than the deadline date to qualify for the respective entry fees.
- For Student entries, a photocopy of an official student ID or a letter from the school must be sent with the entry submission as proof of student status when the film was made.
- Changing the screening format from what is listed on the application is not permissible.