May 20, 2017
September 19, 2017
January 23, 2018
March 23, 2018
August 23, 2018
September 01, 2018
September 21, 2018 to September 24, 2018
2nd ORANGE COUNTY FILM FESTIVAL
Address: 32401 Golden Lantern Laguna Niguel, CA 92677
Orange County Film Festival's overall goal is to provide space where filmmakers can thrive as media makers. We accomplish this
by putting strong films on screen, growing the next generation of filmmakers, and making it easier for anybody to make films.
Our criteria for a film is simple - a film which is driven by, or, ultimately concludes with an aim of building up something without destruction.
Orange County Film Festival seeks films that are imaginative, evocative, innovative, inspiring and entertaining.
Orange County Film Festival's overall goal is to provide space where filmmakers can thrive as media makers. We accomplish this by putting strong films on screen, growing the next generation of filmmakers, and making it easier for anybody to make films.
Our criteria for a film is simple a film which is driven by, or, ultimately concludes with an aim of building up something without destruction. Hollywood Film Festival seeks films that are imaginative, evocative, innovative, inspiring and entertaining.
Welcome to the 2018 Orange County Film Festival. The festival offers more than just a handful of award possibilities. We pride ourselves in providing a wide variety of award opportunities between our categories. Not only will filmmakers have a higher chance of landing an award, they also will not be at risk of jeopardizing their world premiere status with other festivals.
Films that are selected to screen with us will have the opportunity to opt out of their screening while still maintaining their awards if there is a conflict with another festival or event. At that point, the next runner up will move in to the screening spot.
Best films of each category will be guaranteed a screening spot, and will have the opportunity to win our Audience Choice Award. Official selections and honorable mentions will also have the opportunity to win the Audience Choice Award. All winners will receive official award certificates.
Awards & Prizes:
Best Web Series
Best Director (open for shorts, features and new media)
Best Acting Ensemble (open for shorts, features and new media)
Best Feature Live Action Narrative
Best Feature Documentary
Best Feature Animation
Best Post Production
Best Art Direction
Best Hair and Make-up
Best Short Animation
Best Music Video
All winners will be awarded with the ORANGE COUNTY FILM FESTIVAL AWARD.
The winning entry for each category/selection will receive a trophy, official recognition as a winner as well as the use of the festival's logo.
Entries will be eligible for "Best of the Fest" award at the end of the Festival season.
Rules & Terms:
- Our deadlines are POSTMARK DEADLINES. Your film must be postmarked by the deadline for consideration.
- Your film will be watched, in its entirety, by at least 5 people so we suggest that you submit your film as early as possible! Once we are open for submissions getting your film into consideration saves you money and gives us more time to look at it! NO LATE SUBMISSIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED.
- Entrants are responsible for obtaining any necessary licenses, royalties, release forms, clearances, permits necessary to present their work. Newport Beach Film Festival is not responsible for any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, or royalty infringement related to the work.
- Every precaution will be taken to safeguard all materials sent to the Festival but the Festival is not responsible for damage to submitted materials incurred by shipping to or from the Festival.
- WE WILL EMAIL YOU WHEN WE RECEIVE YOUR SUBMISSION. If you do not receive an email, we did not receive your submission.
- Films submitted must be available for EXHIBITION as: DCP - Digital Cinema Package (Music Video, Youth entries are the ONLY exceptions)
- Films submitted must be available in English or in the original language with English subtitles. Accepted films must be available in the designated exhibition formats.
- The number(s), date(s), time(s), and locations of the screenings of films are subject to the discretion of the Film Festival.
- The print supplier will be responsible for the cost of shipment to the Film Festival. The Film Festival will return the print postage prepaid to the supplier or to the next destination as indicated by the supplier (Features only). Entry materials and/or Short films will not be returned with the exception of hard drives and flash drives with a prepaid postage and self-addressed envelope.
- The Film Festival takes the utmost care in the handling of your entry. The Film Festival does not pay additional charges for originals, masters, or special prints.
- Notification will be emailed. Please do not call the Festival office. All correspondence will be done through email ONLY to the original submitter.
- A separate entry form and fee is required with each submission.
- Films must be submitted via an online submission method.
- Non-English language films must be subtitled in English.