April 24, 2018
March 09, 2020
May 09, 2020
July 09, 2020
November 09, 2020
December 09, 2020
January 09, 2021 to January 10, 2021
New York State Film Festival is one of the most exciting film festivals in the USA, with Q&A sessions after most screenings. The festival has no premieres policy. The festival arranges various activities for guests, including a round the festival trip. Do attend a Q&A as it’s a great opportunity to meet everyone and get people to know about your work.
Submit your works with our basic business partner in China:
Awards & Prizes:
Best Supporting Actor
Best Supporting Actress
Best Documentary Short
Best Director’s Work
Best Historical Film
Best Documentary Film
Best Animation Work
Best Camera Work
Best Actor Work
Best One-Minute Film
Best Experimental Film
Best Social Advertising
Rules & Terms:
- To qualify for consideration, all submissions must have completed an electronic or paper entry form, a nonrefundable entry fee and a screener.
- New York State Film Festival is unable to waive entry fees or provide discounts beyond those indicated.
- New York State Film Festival is open to U.S. and international entries. English language or English subtitles only.
- Submission materials will not be returned (unless requested and a shipping payment provided).
- New York State Film Festival retains sole discretion to accept or decline submissions for any reason. Submission of a film does not guarantee exhibition in the festival. The decision of the New York State Film Festival Selection Committee is final.
- Selected film entries will be notified directly at least 1 month prior to festival. Unsuccessful applicants will be notified by email following the decision of the New York State Film Festival Selection Committee.
- New York State Film Festival accepts no responsibility for late, lost, damaged or ineligible entries. Exhibition film prints and videotapes will be handled with utmost care. However, New York State Film Festival cannot assume liability for damage to or loss of these materials.
- By entering New York State Film Festival, applicants certify that they have the legal right to submit and exhibit the film. The applicant is hereby responsible and liable for any breach of rights or the law in the submission and exhibition process.
- By entering New York State Film Festival, the entrant grants the right to publish or transmit portions of the film for the purpose of press or promotion, unless otherwise noted.
- A digital screener can be provided via Vimeo or other video or file-sharing platform. Viewing rights are restricted to festival staff and selection committee members only.