With Official Selections being announced within days of a submission's COMPLETITION, screening in the Solamonte Little Theater or the new Solamonte Outdoor Theatre are short films BY, ABOUT, FOR, WITH and/or NEAR to the World's Indigenous People.
As all humans are Indigenous to some land on Earth, we showcase diverse stories of original peoples.
So for instance, a short film BY a Caucasian film maker who lives and/or works in Europe would be an indigenous film.
Of course any short film ABOUT original people’s lives today or in the past (such as a work concerning original African culture) is an indigenous film.
A short film designed FOR viewing by a group of indigenous people (such as an Asian political documentary) to us is an indigenous film.
A short film shot physically NEAR indigenous people (such as a movie shot in the Australian Outback) qualifies as an indigenous film.
Or for example, an American film created in cooperation WITH any of that two (2) continent’s original people would be called by us an indigenous film.
Further, being more of a marketing retreat than we are a film festival, during the total Holiday film makers are engaged in discussions about how a larger market can be found for their screening films.
Three (3) Audience Selected GRAND PRIZE AWARDS include:
1. Entertainer.Academy submits the winning film for World Film Fair 2018 screening plus submits it to targeted festivals around the world by paying up to $100.00 in submission fees. Last year's IEFF GRAND PRIZE winner submissions had a 50% Official Selection success rate including a tour of Romania and a North Carolina USA school tour
2. GRAND PRIZE Laurel emailed to winner
3. GRAND PRIZE Certificate snail mailed to winner
4. GRAND PRIZE TROPHY awarded live ONLY at the Holiday closing award ceremony
5. FILM DISTRIBUTION OFFER.
TOP MOVIE AWARDS in Drama, Comedy, Youth and Edu-tainment Gain:
1. Entertainer.Academy submits the winning film for an additional live screening at the 2018 World Film Fair in New York City
2. TOP MOVIE Laurel emailed to winner
3. TOP MOVIE Certificate snail mailed to winner
4. FRAMED TOP MOVIE Certificate awarded live ONLY at the Holiday closing award ceremony
5. FILM DISTRIBUTION OFFER.
Below are submission COMPLETENESS requirements that must be listed in the submission platform’s COVER LETTER in order for the submitted film to be considered by the IPF Official Selection Committee:
1. Since IPF is more of a film maker retreat than a film festival, submitters must include in their COVER LETTER the street address of the representative who will attend the submitted film's total screening block, if selected
2. In the COVER LETTER must be a statement that is no more than two sentences long which details what makes the submitted film Indigenous
3. The submitted film’s IMDb.com address with POSTER URL must be in the COVER LETTER
4. The submitted film’s Under 30 Second Commercial YouTube URL address must be listed in the submission COVER LETTER
5. Other than works available through StreamingFilmStation.com, starting with the film’s submission date, until October 9, 2018, the submitted short film must be available to the public ONLY through screening at other live, limited number of dates film festivals and/or through a code protected https://Vimeo.com online video post. Please include in your COVER LETTER a statement that the submitted Film will not be available to the public prior to its Indigenous People Fest screening.
Further, Indigenous People Fest will give Official Selection preference to submissions that use a Vimeo code protected post as a linked screener on their submission platform.
Exceptions to the Indigenous People Fest public accessibility rule will be made on a case-by-case basis. Please send to email@Entertainer.Academy the submission’s reason for needing to be such an exception.
6. Submitter must have all of the film’s screening rights secured
7. For a film to be considered by the IPF Official Selection Committee, the submitter must pay the submission fee enforce at the time that the submission becomes COMPLETE
8. Official Selection Committee decisions are final
9. No submission fee refunds