December 30, 2018
December 01, 2020
March 01, 2021
June 01, 2021
September 01, 2021
October 01, 2021
October 30, 2021 to October 31, 2021
Canberra Film Festival has earned a reputation for quality and respectability and is recognised as one of best film competitions. It attracts an audience from all over Australia and is known for selling out every session. The CFF represents the boundless talent of Australia's film industry as well as exposing our patrons to the best of cinema from all over the world. If you are interested in showcasing your talent in a festival that gets bigger every year, the Canberra Film Festival is your opportunity.
This year the festival is introducing and Animation category and Music video category which reflects our interest in new and innovative visual story telling.
Awards & Prizes:
Best Narrative Feature
Best Narrative Short
Best Doc Feature
Best Doc Short
Best Music Video
Best Student Film
Best Production Design
Best Costume Design
Best Film Editor
Best Supporting Actor
Best Supporting Actress
Best Make-up Artist
Best Hair Stylist
Best Production Designer
Rules & Terms:
- This includes Television and Internet broadcasting - The only exceptions to this requirement are for private cast and crew and film school graduation screenings
- Films must be in their original language, with English subtitles if the original language is not English.
- CFF does accept submission of Works in Progress (WIPs)
- Festival programmers select and invite all films presented at CFF.
- If the film is selected to screen at CFF 2017 it must be made available in one of the following formats:
- – 35mm
- – 16mm
- – DCP (DCI Compliant)
- If you are unable to supply the film on one the above formats, CFF may be able to create a DCI Compliant DCP for you at an additional cost.
- Exhibition materials of officially selected films will be insured by CFF and all incoming freight charges will be covered by the festival.
- CFF’s selection decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered into. We do not provide critical analysis or feedback.
- CFF will only insure prints/DCPs of Films invited to the Festival and for which any invitation has been formally accepted, for the duration of the Film’s stay in Australia and during transit to the Festival.
- Please note that CFF will not pay any rental or screening fees for submitted films. If you are using a third-party distribution or sales agency to send your Film to CFF, you are responsible for any fees they charge and CFF shall have no liability in respect of such fees.agency to send your Film to CFF, you are responsible for any fees they charge and CFF shall have no liability in respect of such fees.